On episode #36 of the Profits Over Wages Podcast we sat down with Heather Ann Havenwood - She is a serial entrepreneur and teaches coaches, experts, and service providers current online marketing and sales strategies to close the right clients, anytime they want. She is regarded as a top authority on digital marketing, sales coaching, and online publishing business strategies. Heather Ann has been named Top 50 Must-Follow Women Entrepreneurs for by Huffington Post. She is also the author of Amazon bestseller “Sexy Boss, How Female Entrepreneurship is Changing the Rule Book and Beating the Big Boys" and host of her very own nationally syndicated podcast, The Win with Heather Havenwood.
On this episode we talk about the power of podcasting and why as a small business owner you shouldn’t avoid it, why in entrepreneurship is best to not be attached to your creation, how to work your list and double your business, and Heather talks about empowering women to pursue business and entrepreneurship.
- Who is Heather Havenwood?
- Book: Sexy Boss, How Female Entrepreneurship is Changing the Rule Book and Beating the Big Boys by Heather Havenwood
- What is your main focus right now?
- Why small business owners shouldn’t avoid podcasting
- The power of podcasting
- We dive deep into Heather’s background and how she got started in entrepreneurship
- Heather talks about her first business partner cutting her off completely from the business
- Heather talks about not fitting “the mold” of what a business owner or entrepreneur should look like
- Heather talks about how you shouldn’t be attached in entrepreneurship
- How Heather deals with being a pure breed entrepreneur and outsourcing the management side
- Heather talks about her main business right now, consulting small business owners to increase their business
- How to work your list and double your sales
- Book: The 10X Rule: The Only Difference Between Success and Failure by Grant Cardone
- Heather talks about what is working right now in the online marketing world
- Heather talks about chat bots, what they are and how you can use them for your business
- Heather talks about her book, Sexy Boss, and empowering women to pursue business and entrepreneurship
- We talk about Heather’s podcast, The Win
- Heather talks about her first podcast tanking, and how she brushed it off and started The Win, which now gets 60-70k streams per episode and is nationally syndicated
- What are some of the biggest setbacks you’ve had in a male dominated field and how have you overcame that?
- What habits helped make you successful?
- Why do you do what you do? What gets you through the tough times?
- Do you have a favorite failure? Is there on that set you up for a future success?
- What is one piece of advice you would give someone just starting out in business?
- What is one thing you find to be true that most people would disagree with?
- Have you ever turned down a client? If so, why?
- What is the worst piece of advice that you ever got?
- If you had the chance to start over, what would you do differently?
- Where did you find your first mentor? How did you approach them to be your mentor?
- What living or dead person, other than family members do you most admire?
COMMENTS & QUESTIONS
If you’d like Ricardo & Matthew to play and answer your question on the podcast during the "lightning-round" section, please leave a voicemail at 847-999-4486.
If you have any other questions or comments you can leave a reply below or email us at email@example.com. We'll also answer them during the "lightning-round" section from Facebook & Instagram if you use the hashtag #AskTheProfitsPodcast.
If you like the podcast, please leave us a comment iTunes. We would really appreciate it and it would us help a lot on reaching more people.
LEAVE A REPLY
PREVIOUS PODCAST EPISODES
#35 - BECOMING A SELF-MADE MILLIONAIRE IN YOUR 20'S WITH STEFAN AARNIO
On this episode, we talk about how to get started in real estate investing, doing joint venture partnerships the right way and why hard times create strong men. We also talk about how to create a winning and no excuse culture within your team and why you shouldn’t avoid hiring a coach and how it can take your business and personal life to the next level.
#34 - WHY THE MOBILE HOME PARK INDUSTRY IS A COMPELLING BUSINESS WITH JEFFERSON LILLY
On this episode, we talk about why the mobile home park industry is a compelling business. We go in-depth about investing in mobile home parks, the pros, the cons, what to do, what not to do, the due diligence process and financing. Jefferson also gives us an insight into how he went from 1 to 2 to 25 mobile home parks and the growing pains that came along the journey and how he overcome them.
#33 - THE IMPORTANCE OF PERSISTENCE: WHAT SEPARATES THE WINNERS FROM THE WANNABES WITH ROSARIO TERRACCIANO
On this episode Rosario tells us the biggest lessons he’s learned in business over years, how he was able to do 640 transactions in one year and win number #1 broker in Chicago for 2013. We also talk about doubling down on technology and how he was able to replace the work of 60 employees with just 6, how Rosario has lost it all multiple times and how that has led him to where he is at today, and he gives us advice on how to deal with the tough times.