On episode 49 of the Profits Over Wages Podcast we sit down with Johanna Diaz - she is the CEO & President of Credit Rx - A credit consulting company that has helped thousands of people go from bad credit to homeownership in the last few years and the first credit consulting company to ever be recognized by Top Agent Magazine.
On this episode we talk all about Credit Rx and credit itself. Johanna goes in-depth about the early days of her company and how she made the transition from bank manager to business owner. We also talk about the best ways to establish credit, how to avoid damaging your credit even when going through a hardship, tips on how to improve your credit and how her company has been able to help thousands of people in the last few years and much much more.
SHOW NOTES & LINKS
- Who is Johanna Diaz?
- Johanna talks about why she decided to start Credit Rx.
- Johanna goes in-depth about the early days of Credit Rx and how she made the transaction from being a bank manager to starting her own business.
- We talk about the early services Johanna provided and how people’s needs prompted her to have an a la carte range of services.
- Johanna talks about why 75% of her clientele is Hispanic.
- How many different programs does Credit Rx provides?
- At what point did you decide to hire your first employee?
- What are one of the best ways for someone with no credit to establish credit?
- Johanna talks about how to avoid damaging your credit when going through a hardship.
- Johanna goes in-depth about settlements.
- We talk about student loans and how to avoid going into default.
- Johanna talks about doing buyer seminars and how along with other real estate professionals they help people with the home buying process from start to finish.
- What are some things people with a 620 credit score can do to get to a 680 or 700 and qualify for a mortgage?
- What are some things people with a 480 credit score can do to improve their credit?
- Johanna talks about the pros and cons of adding an authorized user on a credit card.
- What are you thoughts on co-signing for someone?
- What is next for Credit Rx?
- What habits helped make you successful?
- If you had one piece of advice to someone just starting out, what would it be?
- What is unique about your business?
- What did you parents do?
- What is your best hiring tip or secret?
- Have you ever turned down a client? If so, why?
- What is one thing that find to be true that most people would disagree with?
- What do you wish you knew before you started?
- What’s the worst piece of advice you’ve ever received?
- Do you have a favorite or apparent failure? Is there one that set you up for a future success?
- Why do you what you do? What gets you through the tough times?
COMMENTS & QUESTIONS
If you’d like Ricardo & Matthew to play and answer your question on the podcast during the "lightning-round" section, please leave a voicemail at 847-999-4486.
If you have any other questions or comments you can leave a reply below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll also answer them during the "lightning-round" section from Facebook & Instagram if you use the hashtag #AskTheProfitsPodcast.
If you like the podcast, please leave us a comment iTunes. We would really appreciate it and it would us help a lot on reaching more people.
PREVIOUS PODCAST EPISODES
#48 - HOUSE FLIPPING, HOME INSPECTIONS & RUNNING A FAMILY BUSINESS WITH BAXTIE RODRIGUEZ
On this episode we talk about how real estate brokerages are changing from satellite offices to main offices that provide training, support, and a family like environment. Baxtie shares advice for new brokers on how to take their business to the next level and how she’s able to run a family business so well with her son and daughter.
#47 - HOW TO TAKE YOUR SMALL BUSINESS TO THE NEXT LEVEL WITH DAVID UBEDA
On this episode we talk about, how short sales are still a very common thing and how his company, Premier Cap Solutions, is able to process thousands of them a month. David also talks about starting MRDEU Global Media, where he consults small business owners attract more clients and help them reach that next level. He also shares with us why he decided to compete as a natural bodybuilder and how he was able to come in 2nd place.
#46 - HOW TO WHOLESALE REAL ESTATE LIKE A BOSS WITH FERNANDO ANGELUCCI
On this episode we talk about how to wholesale real estate like a boss, how Fernando has been able to grow his company over 100% year over year, analyzing deals and the current state of the market. We also talk about how to do direct mail marketing the right way and Fernando gives us insight into why he’s switched his focus to buying and wholesaling self-storage facilities.