On episode 46 of the Profits Over Wages Podcast we sit down with Fernando Angelucci - He is the founder and president of the Titan Wealth Group. At age 19, Fernando started his first entrepreneurial endeavor, a painting company that brought in six-figures of business within the first year. He graduated from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign with a degree in Technical Systems Management despite wanting to become a real estate investor since age 16. Shortly thereafter, he began to invest in real estate, first in the capacity of wholesaling and later via fix and flips and rental properties. His real estate side business began to take off and Fernando ended up quitting his job to pursue real estate investing full time. Fernando then partnered with Steven Wear and founded Titan Wealth Group. Under Fernando’s leadership, the firm’s revenue has grown over 100% year over year.
Now, Titan Wealth Group operates nationwide sourcing off-market investment properties for a proprietary worldwide network of active real estate investors with a focus on self-storage development and acquisitions alongside short-term rentals to produce high returns for their investors.
On this episode we talk about how to wholesale real estate like a boss, how Fernando has been able to grow his company over 100% year over year, analyzing deals and the current state of the market. We also talk about how to do direct mail marketing the right way and Fernando gives us insight into why he’s switched his focus to buying and wholesaling self storage facilities.
SHOW NOTES & LINKS
- Who is Fernando Angelucci?
- Fernando tells us what prompted his decision to get started in real estate investing?
- We talk about the benefits of being a business owner and touch on financial literacy and education
- Fernando goes in depth about his story
- Fernando talks about taking his wholesaling real estate business to a whole new level and what attributed to that
- Fernando talks about how he grew his real estate business
- How did you get good at estimated repairs for wholesale deals?
- We talk about the market, analyzing deals and how we arrive to our numbers
- How to deal with the tough times in real estate
- Fernando talks about doing direct mail marketing and all the ins and outs that go into it
- We talk about why business and real estate is all about your team
- Fernando gives us an insight into why he’s switched his focus to buying and wholesaling self storage facilities
- How did you get started in self storage facilities?
- What makes a self storage facility deal a good deal?
- What would be one piece of advice you’d someone just starting out in real estate?
- What do you wish you knew before you started?
- Do you have a favorite failure? Is there one that set you up for a future success
- What’s unique about your business?
- What’s the worst piece of advice you ever got?
- What is one thing that you find to be true that most people would disagree with?
- How many wholesale deals have you done in the last 12 months?
- What living or dead person other than family members, do you most admire?
- Why do you do what you do? What gets you through the tough times?
COMMENTS & QUESTIONS
If you’d like Ricardo & Matthew to play and answer your question on the podcast during the "lightning-round" section, please leave a voicemail at 847-999-4486.
If you have any other questions or comments you can leave a reply below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll also answer them during the "lightning-round" section from Facebook & Instagram if you use the hashtag #AskTheProfitsPodcast.
If you like the podcast, please leave us a comment iTunes. We would really appreciate it and it would us help a lot on reaching more people.
LEAVE A REPLY
PREVIOUS PODCAST EPISODES
#45 - THE ART OF RUNNING MULTIPLE BUSINESSES WITH ALISA LEVIN
On this episode we talked about how Alisa has been able to effectively run both a law practice and a real estate business simultaneously, how she has been able to grow her real estate business so rapidly in just two years, and the one thing that new brokers don’t do when first starting out.
#44 - A HUSTLER'S MENTALITY: WHAT IT TAKES TO BECOME A TOP REAL ESTATE AGENT WITH MATT LARICY
On this episode Matt shares with us how he started in the City of Chicago with the goal of being the best at what he does, and how he ascended to the top #5 of real estate brokerages in the state for 3 years straight. He also goes in depth about why he prefers to have a small team that does a lot of volume instead of 100 agents that don’t do any business, and how to create a culture around being the best, being honest, and providing great value.
#43 - UNLEASHING THE POWER OF VISION: FROM SWISS WATCHMAKER TO REAL ESTATE INVESTOR WITH BOYAN SALHA
On this episode Boyan shares with us his journey from Bulgaria to America and his dream of becoming a real estate investor. We also talk about why coaching and finding a mentor is important to take you to that next level and why you must stay true to your vision and never let anything or anyone stop you from achieving your dreams. Lastly, Boyan also gives advice on how to weed out and hire the right contractors, making tough decisions and managing life/work balance when having a family and working long hours.