On episode #44 of the Profits Over Wages Podcast we sat down with Matt Laricy, a third generation realtor and the managing broker for Americorp Real Estate, a company his father started in 1978. Matt also heads his own team, The Matt Laricy Group. His hard work, charisma, and true passion for his business have helped Matt’s reputation as a qualified realtor quickly rise. Matt has been a top #5 agent in Chicago and the state of Illinois for the last 3 years straight, labeled one of Chicago's "Who's Who" Realtors by Chicago Agent Magazine, & is the winner of the Chicago Agents' Choice Award for Industry MVP. His most coveted honor was being recognized as one of the Top 30 Agents Under 30 by the National Association of REALTORS®. Matt specializes in all facets of the Real Estate business, whether it be navigating the way for first timers, trying to score that perfect distressed property, or providing help in the luxury market, he knows and has experienced it all.
On this episode Matt shares with us how he started in the City of Chicago with the goal of being the best at what he does, and how he ascended to the top #5 of real estate brokerages in the state for 3 years straight. He also goes in depth about why he prefers to have a small team that does a lot of volume instead of 100 agents that don’t do any business, and how to create a culture around being the best, being honest, and providing great value.
SHOW NOTES & LINKS
- Who is Matt Laricy?
- Matt talks about getting started in real estate as a broker
- Matt talks about his first deal in downtown Chicago
- Matt speaks as to why he prefers to have a small team that does a lot of volume instead of 100 people that do no business
- Matt goes in depth about first coming in to the city and how he first approached the business by putting in hours and hours of work
- Matt talks about what drives him to be successful
- When did you hire your first broker?
- Matt talks about creating a culture around his same vision of wanting to be the best
- What expectations do you set when you first bring people on your team?
- Why do you get so much business? What sets you apart from other brokers/brokerages?
- Matt talks about striving to be an early adapter in upcoming technologies and why it pays off
- Matt talks about what’s next for his company?
- Do you have a favorite failure, is there one that set you up for a future success?
- What do you knew before you started?
- What is your best hiring tip of secret?
- What habits helped make you successful?
- What is one thing that you find to be true that most people would disagree with?
- Have you ever turned down a client and why?
- What living or dead person other than family members, do you most admire?
- What was the worst piece of advice that you ever got?
- Why do you do what you do? What gets you through the tough times?
- If you had one piece of advice for someone just starting out, what would it be?
- Are you currently taking on any brokers?
COMMENTS & QUESTIONS
If you’d like Ricardo & Matthew to play and answer your question on the podcast during the "lightning-round" section, please leave a voicemail at 847-999-4486.
If you have any other questions or comments you can leave a reply below or email us at email@example.com. We'll also answer them during the "lightning-round" section from Facebook & Instagram if you use the hashtag #AskTheProfitsPodcast.
If you like the podcast, please leave us a comment iTunes. We would really appreciate it and it would us help a lot on reaching more people.
LEAVE A REPLY
PREVIOUS PODCAST EPISODES
#43 - UNLEASHING THE POWER OF VISION: FROM SWISS WATCHMAKER TO REAL ESTATE INVESTOR WITH BOYAN SALHA
On this episode Boyan shares with us his journey from Bulgaria to America and his dream of becoming a real estate investor. We also talk about why coaching and finding a mentor is important to take you to that next level and why you must stay true to your vision and never let anything or anyone stop you from achieving your dreams. Lastly, Boyan also gives advice on how to weed out and hire the right contractors, making tough decisions and managing life/work balance when having a family and working long hours.
#42 - THE HABITS OF 23 HIGHLY SUCCESSFUL BUSINESS OWNERS & ENTREPRENEURS
On this episode 23 of our guests share the habits they've used to help them get ahead in business & life. Since episode #10 of the podcast we started asking a series of questions to our guests, in an attempt to figure out what successful business owners and entrepreneurs are doing which has helped them achieve success and is giving them an edge.
#41 - SECRETS TO SUCCESS FROM A MULTI FAMILY INVESTOR WITH 3,500+ UNITS WITH TAMIEL KENNEY
On this episode we go in-depth on what a syndicator is and what they do, the team that it takes to get a multi-family deal done and Tami gives us insight on how she and her husband have accumulated over 3,500 units. We also talk about how and why they decided to start coaching new investors, the do’s and don’ts of marketing for private investors on social media and she gives us a sneak peek into her upcoming book about apartment investing from the passive investor’s point of view.