On episode 52 of the Profits Over Wages Podcast we sit down with Tony Paolella and Greg Dekalb - they are the co-founders of the wildly popular Tony P's Networking Events and Partners at Appointments IQ.
Tony Paolella is a connector – whether connecting professionals of a variety of spheres through one of his highly visible business networking events around Chicago or connecting home buyers and sellers toward the next rewarding step in the mortgage process. By calling upon his nearly 20 years of experience in sales, and as the Director of Business Development at Haus Mortgage and as Co-Founder of Tony P’s Networking Events, he is continuously fueling a company’s phenomenal growth and moving a variety of people toward their goals in life. He believes that it’s all about building powerful, lasting relationships.
Greg DeKalb has worked with 1,000’s of businesses and brings more than 14 years of consultative digital marketing and sales experience. Prior to becoming a partner of AppointmentsIQ, Greg's primary focus has been working with senior digital marketing professionals at brands and agencies in the areas of Shopper Marketing, Social Marketing, Influencer Marketing, SEO, SEM, Consumer-to-Consumer marketing, Rewards/Loyalty program integration. Greg also holds an MBA in Sales Leadership from DePaul University. In his free time, Greg is a family man, a volunteer with the Lion's Club, an avid networker and an international marathon runner.
SHOW NOTES & LINKS
- Who is Tony Paolella and Greg Dekalb?
- What are the Tony P all about and how did they get started?
- The art of networking
- We go way back and talk about Tony’s and Greg’s story
- What is Appointment IQ?
- Greg and Tony go in-depth about what appointments IQ does and how it came about
- Tony talks about what’s next for the Tony P networking events
- What makes Tony P events different?
- Greg and Tony gives tips on how to network correctly
- Tony talks about his new position at HausM
- Book: How to Win Friends & Influence People by Dale Carnegie
- Book: How to Master the Art of Selling by Tom Hopkins
- If you had one piece of advice to someone just starting out, what would it be?
- What is your best hiring tip or secret?
- What was the worst piece of advice that you ever got?
- What habits helped make you successful?
- Why do you do what you do? What gets your through the tough times?
CONNECT WITH TONY P AND GREG DEKALB
- TONY P'S NETWORKING EVENTS
- Facebook Group: Tony P's Networking Events Calendar
- Facebook Page: Tony P's Networking Events
- Instagram: @tonypsnetworkingevents
- Meetup: Tony P's Networking Events Meetup Group
- TONY PAOLELLA
- Video Business Card: Text "Tony" to 30500
- Email: Tony@appointmentsiq.com
- Facebook: Tony Paolella
- Facebook Page: Tony Paolella - Haus Mortgage
- LinkedIn: Tony Paolella
- Website: www.appointmentsiq.com
- GREG DEKALB
- Video Business Card: Text "Greg" to 30500
- Email: Greg@appointmentsiq.com
- Facebook: Greg Dekalb
- LinkedIn: Greg Dekalb
COMMENTS & QUESTIONS
If you’d like Ricardo & Matthew to play and answer your question on the podcast during the "lightning-round" section, please leave a voicemail at 847-999-4486.
If you have any other questions or comments you can leave a reply below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll also answer them during the "lightning-round" section from Facebook & Instagram if you use the hashtag #AskTheProfitsPodcast.
If you like the podcast, please leave us a comment iTunes. We would really appreciate it and it would us help a lot on reaching more people.
LEAVE A REPLY
PREVIOUS PODCAST EPISODES
#51 - WHOLESALING 100 PROPERTIES A YEAR WITH CORY BOATRIGHT
On this episode we talk about how Cory is able to do 100 wholesale deals a year, how to get the best results from direct mail marketing, and the tax benefits of multi-family investments.
#50 - SERIAL ENTREPRENEUR: REAL ESTATE LENDING, FOREX TRADING, DJ, RESTAURATEUR, AND CANNABIS WITH JAI SEPHORA
On this epsode we sit down with Jai Sephora, he is a self-proclaimed serial entrepreneur and is quickly becoming a name you should know in the Chicago business scene. He’s involved in real estate lending, forex trading, DJing, restaurants, and cannabis..
#49 - CREDIT REPAIR: HOW TO BOOST YOUR CREDIT TODAY WITH JOHANNA DIAZ
On this episode we talk all about Credit Rx and credit itself. Johanna goes in-depth about the early days of her company and how she made the transition from bank manager to business owner. We also talk about the best ways to establish credit, how to avoid damaging your credit even when going through a hardship, tips on how to improve your credit and how her company has been able to help thousands of people in the last few years and much much more.