GET IN CONTACT WITH MICHAEL
The Gunderson Law Firm
Address: 2155 W Roscoe St, Chicago, IL 60618
Phone: (312) 600 - 5000
#23 - REAL ESTATE LAW, MENTORSHIP, AND THE CUBS WITH MICHAEL GUNDERSON
By Ricardo Rodriguez & Matthew Mesick
On Episode #23 of the Profits Over Wages Podcast, we sit down with Michael Gunderson founder of The Gunderson Law Firm. Michael started the Gunderson Law Firm in 2006 and has years of experience with and proven in-depth knowledge of the real estate, bankruptcy, and personal injury laws of the State of Illinois. But his reason for founding The Gunderson Law Firm is not the law, it’s the people whom he has been able to help with the law. As a second-generation attorney who grew up watching his father also use the law to help people through some of the most challenging times of their lives, Mike feels great empathy for his clients and works hard to provide them with the legal services they need and the dedicated representation they deserve in carrying out whatever legal issue he can take on for them. Away from the job Mike’s empathy drives him in other ways, including support for animal rescue organizations, youth football teams, fund-raising and advocacy for disadvantaged children, and providing pro bono legal consulting to community groups and low-income families. Mike is also a zealous Chicago Cubs fan, which most years also requires a certain amount of empathy.
On this episode we talk about, finding a mentor, adjusting to market conditions, things to be aware of when buying property, and Michael calling out Zillow for “white facing” Andre Dawson’s baseball card on one of their commercials.
- About Michael Gunderson and The Gunderson Law Firm
- Michael’s background
- How Michael quit his job and started the Gunderson Law Firm
- Lessons from the struggles of starting your own law firm
- Finding a mentor, knowing when to diversify and adjust to the market
- Lessons Michael learned from his first mentor, Kevin Benjamin
- Michael on the Cub winning the world series (Michael is the biggest Cubs fan we know)
- Michael calling out the Zillow for “white facing” Andre Dawson’s baseball card on one of their commercials
- Michael gives advice on finding clients when starting your own business
- Advice on finding an office space and/or whether you actually need it when starting
- Michael’s involvement in charities
- Things to be aware of and avoid when buying property
- What were you doing at 25 years old?
- If you got the chance to start over, what would you do different?
- Why do you do what you do? What gets you through the tough times?
- What habits helped make you successful?
- When you’re having a bad day? What do you to make yourself feel better?
- Have you ever turned down a client? And why?
- What are some red flags on identifying someone who might be a bad client?
- Do you have a morning routine?
- What is your best hiring tip or secret?
- What is unique about your business?
- Do you have a favorite failure, is there one that set you up for a future success?
- What living or dead person other than family members do you most admire?
- What is one thing you find to be true that most people would disagree with?
If you’d like to comment on the podcast, you can leave a review on iTunes. Not only do we read every review, but positive reviews also help us reach more ears.
If you’d like Ricardo & Matthew to answer your question on the podcast, leave a voicemail at 847-999-4486
#22 - PUSHING THROUGH 7 YEARS OF NO PROFIT TO $189 MILLION ANNUALLY WITH JOSEPH LAND
On this episode we talk about, taking a company from humble beginnings to $189 million in annual sales, building your own dream, mentoring, and what is stopping most people from reaching their full potential.