#27 - BUYING TURN-KEY RENTAL PROPERTIES, BUSINESS CONSULTING, AND HIRING VIRTUAL ASSISTANTS WITH ALI BOONE
By Ricardo Rodriguez & Matthew Mesick
On Episode #27 of the Profits Over Wages Podcast, we sit down with Ali Boone - Founder of Hipster Investments. Ali left her corporate job as an aeronautical engineer in 2011 to work full-time as a real estate investor. She managed to buy 5 properties in her first 18 months using only creative financing methods and has now facilitated over $18 million in real estate investment sales. Her main focus is turnkey rental properties, and she has also invested internationally in Nicaragua. Ali is completely location-independent and her primary specialty is teaching people how to start a business with lifestyle design. Ali has been featured in Fox Business and The Motley Fool, and has been on The Best Real Estate Investing Advice Ever podcast with Joe Fairless, The Turnkey Investing Podcast, The Greatest Investors Podcast, and Rental Income Podcast. She also runs a business consulting company and has written over 200 articles for the BiggerPockets blog.
On this episode we talk about the pros, the cons, and how to buy turn-key properties, business consulting and how to run your business remotely by hiring a team of virtual assistants.
- About Ali Boone
- Ali’s back story, how she went from her engineering job to taking ownership of her life and going on her own
- How Ali came up with the name “Hipster Investments” and why
- Ali’s main focus with Hipster Investments
- Ali on being location independent and teaching others to do the same
- Ali talks about her team of virtual assistants
- How Ali’s structure works with her team of virtual assistants, time, payments, etc
- How to hire a virtual assistant
- Link: www.upwork.com
- Tips on hiring virtual assistants
- At what point in her business Ali went to hiring her first people
- Ali talks about writing 190+ articles for biggerpockets
- Link: www.biggerpockets.com
- Ali talks about writing about investor psychology
- The benefits and the basics of investing on turn-key properties
- Where and how to find turn-key properties
- Ali talks about her consulting business
- The difference between being a technician, a manager and an entrepreneur
- Book: The E-Myth Revisited: Why Most Small Businesses Don't Work and What to Do About It
- Doubling down on your strengths and outsourcing your weaknesses
- How did you get your idea or concept for your business?
- What is unique about your business?
- What did you wish you knew before you started?
- How do you stay motivated?
- To what do you attribute your success?
- Have you ever turned down a client? If no, why?
- What is your best hiring tip or secret?
- What was the worst piece of advice that you ever got?
- What is one piece of advice that you received recently that you still follow?
- What habits helped make you successful?
- What is one thing that you find to be true that most people would disagree with?
- Do you have a favorite failure? Is there one that set you up for a future success?
- If you had one piece of advice to someone just starting out, what would it be?
If you’d like to comment on the podcast, you can leave a review on iTunes. Not only do we read every review, but positive reviews also help us reach more ears.
If you’d like Ricardo & Matthew to answer your question on the podcast, leave a voicemail at 847-999-4486
Release date: 04/09/2018
#26 - CREATING A PERSONAL BRAND FOR YOUR BUSINESS WITH MIGUEL PALOMA AND TONY ARCE
On this episode we talk about building a personal brand, telling your story and why it’s important, how to make a human connection in today’s multi-device world and Tony role plays with Matt to get him to share his story, what motivates him and why he does what he does.