#29 - CREATING VALUE FOR YOUR COMMUNITY THROUGH REAL ESTATE DEVELOPMENT WITH NICK KATS
By Ricardo Rodriguez & Matthew Mesick
On Episode #29 of the Profits Over Wages Podcast, we sit down with Nick Kats. Nick is a city of Chicago native and local real estate entrepreneur with over 20 years of broker and investment experience. Nick has extensive knowledge of Chicago and focuses on renovating vintage mixed-use buildings, often operating in areas of Chicago that are in the process of rejuvenation and reinvestment, in neighborhoods such as Logan Square, Avondale, Humboldt Park, Pilsen, and Bridgeport. All real estate is local and nothing is more local than influencing the neighborhood with new businesses and finding local success stories to bring to other parts of Chicago. For this reason, Nick has developed a YouTube Channel - Nick Kats: Chicago Real Estate Channel to showcase these local success stories. In an effort to promote the continued economic development of these neighborhoods, Nick has also helped developed a non-for-profit called CRC or Chicago Reform Committee, to help further showcase Chicago's hardworking population investing in their own city and advocate for common sense housing policy. Lastly, Nick coaches others who want to get into real estate investing, to bring prosperity to their own communities. “I coach anyone who has the commitment and the humility to ask for advice from some who has done it. I live and operate in Chicago and want to spread awareness on how to create value for your community through real estate development.”
On this episode we talk about the pros and cons of investing on mixed-use properties, one of Nick’s videos going viral, and about what Nick is doing with his non-for-profit, Chicago Reform Committee (CRC) where he helps further showcase Chicago's hardworking population investing in their own city.
- About Nick and what he does
- Why Nick focuses on mixed use properties
- How to pull the amount of permits pull in a certain area
- The pros and cons of investing on mixed use properties
- Nick’s background and upbringing
- We go in depth about Nick’s career prior to real estate, Human Resources and recruiting
- Nick talks about the lessons he learned from his first 5 unit building in the Bridgeport neighborhood of Chicago
- Nick’s talks about why he started a non-profit called Chicago Reform Committee (CRC)
- We talk about the current state of the housing supply in the Chicago market
- How and what costs the City of Chicago decided to offset on to the residents instead of taking care of it themselves
- Nick’s show on YouTube called The Chicago Real Estate Channel and what it is about
- Chicagoans investing in Chicago
- We talk about Nick’s video that went viral on YouTube and Facebook
- Nick’s thoughts on keeping communities from gentrification
- Nick getting interviewed by the newspaper called HOY about his video and all the backlash he got
- We talk about what is next for Nick, his developments and non-profit organization
- What type of tenants Nick has in his mixed used buildings
- If you had the change to start over, what would you do differently?
- Why do you what you do?
- Do you have a favorite failure? Is there one that set you up for a future success?
- What habits helped make you successful?
- What’s one piece of advice you’d give someone getting started in this business?
If you’d like to comment on the podcast, you can leave a review on iTunes. Not only do we read every review, but positive reviews also help us reach more ears.
If you’d like Ricardo & Matthew to answer your question on the podcast, leave a voicemail at 847-999-4486
Release date: 04/24/2018
#28 - NETWORK MARKETING AND THE 5 KEYS OF MONEY MASTERY WITH JOHN SINGH
On this episode we talk about the biggest reason why most people don’t succeed in network marketing and how to overcome it, wealth education and how to create long-term generational wealth, and John gives us insight into The 5 Keys of Money Mastery.