On episode #41 of the Profits Over Wages Podcast we sat down with Tamiel Kenney. Tami is a full-time real estate investor, apartment syndicator, 3-time Amazon best-selling author, mother of 2, and co-founder of Think Multifamily. Prior to being a full-time real estate investor, Tami was a Registered Nurse & served on the board of a Christian Medical Missions charity for over 13 years. Tami has partnered with her husband Mark, to purchase over 3,500 units and educates others in apartment investing through conferences and coaching.
On this episode we go in-depth on what a syndicator is and what they do, the team that it takes to get a multi-family deal done and Tami gives us insight on how she and her husband have accumulated over 3,500 units. We also talk about how and why they decided to start coaching new investors, the do’s and don’ts of marketing for private investors on social media and she gives us a sneak peek into her upcoming book about apartment investing from the passive investor’s point of view.
SHOW NOTES & LINKS
- Who is Tamiel Kenney?
- Tami talks about the team that it takes to get a multi family deal done
- How Tamiel and her husband got started in real estate investing
- Tamiel talks about her and her husbands background
- When and how did you get into multi-family apartments?
- We touch on storage unit investing for a few minutes
- What does a multi family syndicator do?
- We talk about the financing aspect of multi-family apartments
- What would be the benefit of offering an equity return vs debt?
- When it comes to getting educated in syndicating multi-family apartments, would you say people need to find a mentor and/or get educated before starting?
- How and why did you get into educating new investors on syndicating deals?
- When did you start Think Multi-Family?
- Do you teach the entire business or just syndication?
- We talk about Facebook marketing strategies and building relationships online
- We also talk about what not to on Facebook when it comes to marketing yourself
- Tamiel talks about the legal aspects of asking for investors on Facebook
- Tami talks about her new book coming out soon about apartment investing from the passive investor viewpoint
- What areas are best for apartment deals?
- How are you finding most of your deals now?
- Do you have a favorite failure? Is there one that set you up for a future success?
- What is your best tip or hiring secret for property managers?
- If you had the chance to start over? What would you do differently?
- What is one thing you find to be true that most people would disagree with?
- Why do you do what you do? What gets you through the tough times?
- What habits helped make you successful?
COMMENTS & QUESTIONS
If you’d like Ricardo & Matthew to play and answer your question on the podcast during the "lightning-round" section, please leave a voicemail at 847-999-4486.
If you have any other questions or comments you can leave a reply below or email us at email@example.com. We'll also answer them during the "lightning-round" section from Facebook & Instagram if you use the hashtag #AskTheProfitsPodcast.
If you like the podcast, please leave us a comment iTunes. We would really appreciate it and it would us help a lot on reaching more people.
LEAVE A REPLY
PREVIOUS PODCAST EPISODES
#40 - [SPECIAL EDITION] GET THAT MONEY: 5 WAYS TO FINANCE REAL ESTATE DEALS
On this episode we go over 5 ways to fund real estate deals, both traditional and nontraditional. We give you examples of deals we’ve done as well as answer some questions asked on Facebook by Adrian Perez, Robert Ablorh, Shannon Cervantes, & Marius Grigoras.
#39 - SELF-MADE: FROM IMMIGRANT TO OWNING $250 MILLION IN REAL ESTATE WITH EMIL KHODORKOVSKY
On this episode we go in-depth about financing real estate projects, both commercial and residential, Emil talks about the growing pains of starting and growing a company and from a lenders perspective, Emil shares his thoughts on the current state of the real estate market.
#38 - GET OUT OF YOUR OWN WAY: DONE IS BETTER THAN PERFECT WITH BOB MCINTOSH
On this episode we talk about how to get out of your own way - why done is better than perfect, the current state of the real estate market when it comes to rehabbing homes for profit, and practical and simple ways to generate leads online organically through search engine optimization.
Bob also gives us an insight into his next book on how to become the general of your business instead of the soldier and how The Absolute Best or TAB retreat came about and why you should be there next time around.