On episode 50 of the Profits Over Wages Podcast we sit down with Jai Sephora, he is a self-proclaimed serial entrepreneur and is quickly becoming a name you should know in the Chicago business scene. He attended Robert Morris University on an athletic scholarship in 2010. In 2014 he worked as a VP for a real estate private equity group. During that time he managed, analyzed, and acquired over 500M dollars’ worth of real estate projects. Everything from residential to commercial & vacant land. In 2016 he left the group to work solely on the lending side of real estate investment. That year he started Ridgeway Lending & flipfundingnow.com and has funded millions of dollars in real estate projects across the nation. Ridgeway Lending is one of Chicago’s premier hard money lenders.
In 2017 Jai also opened his first restaurant Blu 57 Seafood & Small Plates. They were voted restaurant of the month by both Open table & Yelp reservations in Andersonville. Jai is currently working on entering the Industrial hemp movement and is opening a full-scale manufacturing site in Westgrove PA and have just secured seed round funding for the project.
He enjoys self-managing his portfolio and actively swing trades forex & equities. In addition to business, he is one of Chicago’s hottest dance music DJ acts and regularly plays at the biggest venues in the city.
"Being a successful entrepreneur means knowing proper growth strategies, diversification and risk management. When applied successfully to your entire life you can build an empire of projects you absolutely love."
SHOW NOTES & LINKS
- Who is Jai Sephora?
- Jai talks about trading and how he got into it.
- Jai talks about getting started being a DJ and how at a young age he realized a job wasn’t for him.
- Jai goes in depth about getting started in real estate on biggerpockets and how he started working for his mentor for free.
- Jai talks about his first real estate deal, where it came from, the negotiation and how he was able to get a house for $1.
- We go in-depth about Jai’s transition from wholesale deals, flips and on to raising funds and starting a hard money lending company.
- Jai then goes in-depth about breaking out on his own and starting Ridgeway Capital.
- Jai gives advice for those that might want to start their own hard money lending company.
- Jai talks about starting a restaurant called Blue 57, in the Andersonville neighborhood of Chicago.
- Jai also goes in depth about the struggles of starting and managing a restaurant.
- Jai gives tips on how to get started in trading.
- We talk about Jai getting into the hemp and CBD business.
- To what do you attribute your success?
- What is the worst piece of advice that you ever got?
- If you had the chance to start over, what would you do differently?
- What living or dead person, other than family members, do you most admire?
- Have you ever turned down a client?
- What is your best hiring tip or secret?
- What is one thing that you find to be true that most people would disagree with?
- If you had one piece of advice to someone just starting out, what would it be?
- What habits helped make you successful?
- Do you have a morning routine?
- Do you have a favorite failure? Is there one that set you up for a future success?
- Why do you what you do? What gets you through the tough times?
COMMENTS & QUESTIONS
If you’d like Ricardo & Matthew to play and answer your question on the podcast during the "lightning-round" section, please leave a voicemail at 847-999-4486.
If you have any other questions or comments you can leave a reply below or email us at email@example.com. We'll also answer them during the "lightning-round" section from Facebook & Instagram if you use the hashtag #AskTheProfitsPodcast.
If you like the podcast, please leave us a comment iTunes. We would really appreciate it and it would us help a lot on reaching more people.
LEAVE A REPLY
PREVIOUS PODCAST EPISODES
#49 - CREDIT REPAIR: HOW TO BOOST YOUR CREDIT TODAY WITH JOHANNA DIAZ
On this episode we talk all about Credit Rx and credit itself. Johanna goes in-depth about the early days of her company and how she made the transition from bank manager to business owner. We also talk about the best ways to establish credit, how to avoid damaging your credit even when going through a hardship, tips on how to improve your credit and how her company has been able to help thousands of people in the last few years and much much more.
#48 - HOUSE FLIPPING, HOME INSPECTIONS & RUNNING A FAMILY BUSINESS WITH BAXTIE RODRIGUEZ
On this episode we talk about how real estate brokerages are changing from satellite offices to main offices that provide training, support, and a family like environment. Baxtie shares advice for new brokers on how to take their business to the next level and how she’s able to run a family business so well with her son and daughter.
#47 - HOW TO TAKE YOUR SMALL BUSINESS TO THE NEXT LEVEL WITH DAVID UBEDA
On this episode we talk about, how short sales are still a very common thing and how his company, Premier Cap Solutions, is able to process thousands of them a month. David also talks about starting MRDEU Global Media, where he consults small business owners attract more clients and help them reach that next level. He also shares with us why he decided to compete as a natural bodybuilder and how he was able to come in 2nd place.