On episode 51 of the Profits Over Wages Podcast we sit down with Cory Boatright. He has completed over 75 million in real estate acquisitions and closed over 1000 real property transactions including 100+ multi-family, land, SFR, and private investment dealings. He runs a nationwide education company that coaches high achieving entrepreneurs and their teams for getting phenomenal results in their business, as well as a top rated real estate podcast called Real Estate Investing Profits.
He currently buys or wholesales 80-100 properties a year in the Greater Oklahoma City Metro Area and resides there with his wife Lesly and their wonderful two kids.
SHOW NOTES & LINKS
- Who is Cory Boatright?
- Cory talks about his current focus in multi-family investments and how’s got 426 units under management right now
- Cory talks about the tax benefits of multi-family investments
- Cory talks about his real estate wholesale coaching and consulting business and how he helps people all over the country scale their business
- Cory talks about The Collective Genius Mastermind
- Cory goes in-depth about his start in the wholesaling real estate business
- We go way back to Cory’s start in real estate investing, he tells us about his short sale loss mitigation business back in 2006, selling a short sale course called “Short Sale Fundamentals” and selling over 2,500 copies
- Cory talks about one of the toughest times in his life, a fallout with his business partner, personal relationship turmoil, shutting down his loss mitigation company, and being diagnosed with Thyroid cancer all around the same time. And how that lead to him starting “The Grateful Project”
- Cory goes in-depth about starting his real estate wholesaling business in 2013 which currently does 100 deals a year
- Cory talks about how to get the best results out of direct mail marketing
- Book: Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion by Robert Cialdini
- We go in-depth about lead conversion
- Cory talks about how he got into coaching and consulting
- Cory talks about how he got into multi-family investing
- What was your first business idea and what did you do with it?
- What habits helped make you successful?
- Do you have a morning routine?
- What living or dead person, other than family members, do you most admire?
- To what do you attribute your success?
- What was the worst piece of advice that you ever got?
- What is unique about your business?
- If you had one piece of advice to someone just starting out, what would it be?
- Do you have a favorite or apparent failure, that set you up for a future success?
- Why do you do what you do? What gets you through the tough times?
CONNECT WITH CORY BOATRIGHT
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook: Cory Boatright
- Facebook Page: Cory Boatright's Page
- Instagram: @coryscoaching
- Instagram: @realestateinvestingprofits
- Twitter: @coryboatright
- Youtube: Real Estate Investing Profits
COMMENTS & QUESTIONS
If you’d like Ricardo & Matthew to play and answer your question on the podcast during the "lightning-round" section, please leave a voicemail at 847-999-4486.
If you have any other questions or comments you can leave a reply below or email us at email@example.com. We'll also answer them during the "lightning-round" section from Facebook & Instagram if you use the hashtag #AskTheProfitsPodcast.
If you like the podcast, please leave us a comment iTunes. We would really appreciate it and it would us help a lot on reaching more people.
LEAVE A REPLY
PREVIOUS PODCAST EPISODES
#50 - SERIAL ENTREPRENEUR: REAL ESTATE LENDING, FOREX TRADING, DJ, RESTAURATEUR, AND CANNABIS WITH JAI SEPHORA
On this epsode we sit down with Jai Sephora, he is a self-proclaimed serial entrepreneur and is quickly becoming a name you should know in the Chicago business scene. He’s involved in real estate lending, forex trading, DJing, restaurants, and cannabis..
#49 - CREDIT REPAIR: HOW TO BOOST YOUR CREDIT TODAY WITH JOHANNA DIAZ
On this episode we talk all about Credit Rx and credit itself. Johanna goes in-depth about the early days of her company and how she made the transition from bank manager to business owner. We also talk about the best ways to establish credit, how to avoid damaging your credit even when going through a hardship, tips on how to improve your credit and how her company has been able to help thousands of people in the last few years and much much more.
#48 - HOUSE FLIPPING, HOME INSPECTIONS & RUNNING A FAMILY BUSINESS WITH BAXTIE RODRIGUEZ
On this episode we talk about how real estate brokerages are changing from satellite offices to main offices that provide training, support, and a family like environment. Baxtie shares advice for new brokers on how to take their business to the next level and how she’s able to run a family business so well with her son and daughter.