On episode #35 of the Profits Over Wages Podcast we interview Stefan Aarnio. Stefan is an award-winning real estate entrepreneur, podcast host, blogger, coach, public speaker, and author of a number of books including Self Made: Confessions of a Twenty-Something Self Made Millionaire. Starting with only $1,200, Stefan has built a multi-million dollar real estate business and multiple streams of income. Stefan has accumulated properties at an alarming pace controlling up to 25% of his local niche through his understanding of Real Estate Joint Ventures. He was the 2012 winner of Canadian Real Estate Wealth Magazine’s “Joint Venture Partner of the Year”, winner of the Rich Dad International Hall Of Fame Award in 2014, and Entrepreneur Magazine named him one of the Top 10 Real Estate Influencers to Follow in 2017 along with Ryan Serhant, Grant Cardone, and Barbara Corcoran.
Stefan's philosophy is simple - find great deals, build a fantastic team, pay everybody, and create partnerships for life.
On this episode, we talk about how to get started in real estate investing, doing joint venture partnerships the right way and why hard times create strong men. We also talk about how to create a winning and no excuse culture within your team and why you shouldn’t avoid hiring a coach and how it can take your business and personal life to the next level.
- Who is Stefan Aarnio?
- Book: Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert T. Kiyosaki
- Did you ever think you’d end up being a series entrepreneur, author, coach?
- Stefan talks about getting started real estate and doing his first deal ever.
- Stefan talks about his current business in real estate and how many deals he and his team are working on now.
- Stefan talks about winning “JV Partner of Year’ in 2012.
- Stefan talks about how to properly do JV (Joint Ventures) deals.
- Stefan talks about how he was able to raise $5m from writing Money People Deal, his first book.
- Book: Money People Deal: The Fastest Way to Real Estate Wealth by Stefan Aarnio
- Book: Hard Times Create Strong Men by Stefan Aarnio (Coming Soon)
- Stefan talks about why he wrote “Hard Times Create Strong Men”.
- Stefan talks about doing a water fast for 30 day in Costa Rica and why it’s important.
- Stefan talks about winning the Rich Dad “Hall of Fame” award
- What would you say to those who are anti-seminars and coaching?
- How did you get into coaching people in real estate?
- What have you seen from coaching 200+ people that is preventing them from achieving their goals?
- Stefan talks about what he implemented from coaching in his business to double his it in less than a year.
- How to create the right culture within your team.
- We talk about Stefan starting his very own podcast called: Respect The Grind Podcast Hosted by Stefan Aarnio
- What does your mantra “Respect The Grind” mean to you?
- Would you advice people to play Cashflow 101?
- If you had the chance to start over, what would you do differently?
- What habits helped make you successful?
- Do you have a favorite failure, is there one that set you up for a future success?
- What is unique about your business?
- What is the worst piece of advice that you ever got?>/li>
- What is your best hiring tip or hiring secret?
- What is one thing that you find to be true that most people would disagree with?
- Why do you do what you do? How do you stay motivated?
- What is one piece of advice you would give someone just starting out?
If you’d like Ricardo & Matthew to answer your question on the podcast, please leave a voicemail or text us at 847-999-4486.
Questions? We’d love to hear from you, you can email us at email@example.com. We’ll also answer lightning-round questions from Facebook & Instagram if you use the hashtag #AskTheProfitsPodcast.
If you like the podcast, please leave us a comment iTunes. We would really appreciate it and it would us help a lot on reaching more people.
PREVIOUS PODCAST EPISODES
#34 - WHY THE MOBILE HOME PARK INDUSTRY IS A COMPELLING BUSINESS WITH JEFFERSON LILLY
On this episode, we talk about why the mobile home park industry is a compelling business. We go in-depth about investing in mobile home parks, the pros, the cons, what to do, what not to do, the due diligence process and financing. Jefferson also gives us an insight into how he went from 1 to 2 to 25 mobile home parks and the growing pains that came along the journey and how he overcome them.
#33 - THE IMPORTANCE OF PERSISTENCE: WHAT SEPARATES THE WINNERS FROM THE WANNABES WITH ROSARIO TERRACCIANO
On this episode Rosario tells us the biggest lessons he’s learned in business over years, how he was able to do 640 transactions in one year and win number #1 broker in Chicago for 2013. We also talk about doubling down on technology and how he was able to replace the work of 60 employees with just 6, how Rosario has lost it all multiple times and how that has led him to where he is at today, and he gives us advice on how to deal with the tough times.
#32 - HIGH RETURN TURNKEY REAL ESTATE INVESTING WITH JEFF SCHECHTER
On this episode we go in-depth about investing in turn-key rental properties, the pros, the cons, the numbers, lead generation, management, etc. We also talk about Jeff’s DFY (Done For You) model, and how to effectively convert leads into clients.