On episode 38 of the Profits Over Wages Podcast, we sit down with Bob McIntosh. Bob is a #1 best selling Amazon author, business owner, and entrepreneur. He has extensive expertise in the areas of mindset, real estate investing, internet marketing, sales funnels, and online businesses. He has spent years mastering the algorithm that Google uses to get sites ranked and is also a social media guru with nearly 40,000 followers. His book, “Get Out of Your Own Way”, hit #1 the day it launched in multiple categories and hit number 2, 3 and 4 in dozens of other categories. He has been featured on over 30 podcasts and counting and is a founding member of the Forbes Real Estate Council providing direction and information in the real estate space for Forbes readers. He has been published on ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC, Yahoo News, Small Business trendsetters, The Money Show, The Miami Herald and Wall Street Select.
Bob has also taken his passion for helping entrepreneurs to the road with over 2,500 hours on stages and more than 7,000 people he’s spoken to from every state in the US and every province in Canada. He’s been personally responsible for helping entrepreneurs generate hundreds of thousands of leads online, close tens of thousands of deals because of their social proof, generate millions in profits, and make the massive mindset shifts that are needed for these levels of success. Lastly and most proudly, Bob has made all of his businesses for purpose companies with the choice to help the youth of the US get access to financial and entrepreneurial training that schools simply don’t teach.
On this episode we talk about how to get out of your own way - why done is better than perfect, the current state of the real estate market when it comes to rehabbing homes for profit, and practical and simple ways to generate leads online organically through search engine optimization.
Bob also gives us an insight into his next book on how to become the general of your business instead of the soldier and how The Absolute Best or TAB retreat came about and why you should be there next time around.
SHOW NOTES & LINKS
- Who is Bob McIntosh?
- We talk about Bob’s start in real estate investing in 2008
- Bob talks about his first deal, what went wrong and what not do on your first deal
- Bob talks about his first parents being his first business partners
- Bob talks about lowering the amount of rehabs he and his team is doing and why he is switching to rentals
- We talk about Bob’s Book: Get our of your own way
- Bob goes in depth about how anyone can self-publish a book on amazon
- How to create a buzz the right way for your upcoming book
- Bob talks about what writing a book does for your personal brand and business
- Bob gives us an insight into his next book on how to becoming the general of your business instead of the soldier
- How did you get into internet marketing?
- What are some practical steps to generate leads organically online?
- Bob talks about the TAB retreat, what it is and how it came about
- What habits helped make you successful?
- If you had the chance to start over, what would you do differently?
- What is you best hiring tip or secret?
- What was the worst piece of advice that you ever got?
- Do you have a favorite failure? Is there one that set you up for a future success?
- How do you stay motivated?
- What is your one piece of advice for someone just starting out?
COMMENTS & QUESTIONS
If you’d like Ricardo & Matthew to play and answer your question on the podcast during the "lightning-round" section, please leave a voicemail at 847-999-4486.
If you have any other questions or comments you can leave a reply below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll also answer them during the "lightning-round" section from Facebook & Instagram if you use the hashtag #AskTheProfitsPodcast.
If you like the podcast, please leave us a comment iTunes. We would really appreciate it and it would us help a lot on reaching more people.
LEAVE A REPLY
PREVIOUS PODCAST EPISODES
#37 - THE $100 MILLION MORTGAGE MAN WITH JOEL SCHAUB
On this episode we talk about how Joel has been able to get to $100 million in volume over the last 3 years and he gives advice on how to get started and how to grow your book of business as a new loan officer. We also talk about how Joel was able to not only survive but thrive after the real estate market crash and why in business you must focus on building life-long relationships and giving back as much as you can.
#36 - BECOMING A SEXY BOSS: EMPOWERING WOMEN TO PURSUE BUSINESS & ENTREPRENEURSHIP WITH HEATHER ANN HAVENWOOD
On this episode we talk about the power of podcasting and why as a small business owner you shouldn’t avoid it, why in entrepreneurship is best to not be attached to your creation, how to work your list and double your business, and Heather talks about empowering women to pursue business and entrepreneurship.
#35 - BECOMING A SELF-MADE MILLIONAIRE IN YOUR 20'S WITH STEFAN AARNIO
On this episode, we talk about how to get started in real estate investing, doing joint venture partnerships the right way and why hard times create strong men. We also talk about how to create a winning and no excuse culture within your team and why you shouldn’t avoid hiring a coach and how it can take your business and personal life to the next level.