On episode 45 of the Profits Over Wages Podcast we sit down with real estate rockstar Alisa Levin. Alisa is a real estate attorney and broker. She founded Levin Law Ltd in 2007, specializing in commercial litigation, landlord/tenant disputes, and real estate transactions/closings. She is a multi-million dollar producing real estate broker at Exit Realty’s #1 office in the country, placing in the Top 10 in sales volume in 2017 and Top 5 in 2018 year-to-date. Alisa is also vice president at Luminex Construction Co and has extensive experience in construction management. Lastly, Alisa is the founder of Agency RE, a real estate consulting firm, and a former Adjunct Law Professor at DePaul University.
On this episode we talked about how Alisa has been able to effectively run both a law practice and a real estate business simultaneously, how she has been able to grow her real estate business so rapidly in just two years, and the one thing that new brokers don’t do when first starting out.
SHOW NOTES & LINKS
- How do you balance running a law practice and a real estate business?
- How do you stay organized?
- Alisa talks about why she decided to start a career in real estate along with her law practice
- We go way back, Alisa talks about moving around a lot when she was younger
- Alisa talks about ending up in Chicago by a game of rock, paper, scissors
- Alisa talks about her first job in Chicago as a law clerk
- Alisa talks about what made her become an attorney
- Alisa goes in depth about her story and what she did prior to starting her law practice
- How did you grow your real estate business so quickly?
- What advice would you give brokers just starting out?
- Where are most of you leads coming in?
- Alisa talks about her time teaching at DePaul university
- What is next for you? What are your goals for the future?
- How do you juggle being a single parent and having two businesses?
- what is unique about your business?
- Have you ever turned down a client? If so, why?
- If you had the chance to start over, what would you do differently?
- What is one thing that you find true that most people would disagree with?
- What habits helped make you successful?
- Do you have a morning routine?
- What was the worst piece of advice that you ever got?
- Do you have a favorite failure? Is there one that set you up for a future success?
- Why do you what you do? What gets you through the tough times?
COMMENTS & QUESTIONS
If you’d like Ricardo & Matthew to play and answer your question on the podcast during the "lightning-round" section, please leave a voicemail at 847-999-4486.
If you have any other questions or comments you can leave a reply below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll also answer them during the "lightning-round" section from Facebook & Instagram if you use the hashtag #AskTheProfitsPodcast.
If you like the podcast, please leave us a comment iTunes. We would really appreciate it and it would us help a lot on reaching more people.
LEAVE A REPLY
PREVIOUS PODCAST EPISODES
#44 - A HUSTLER'S MENTALITY: WHAT IT TAKES TO BECOME A TOP REAL ESTATE AGENT WITH MATT LARICY
On this episode Matt shares with us how he started in the City of Chicago with the goal of being the best at what he does, and how he ascended to the top #5 of real estate brokerages in the state for 3 years straight. He also goes in depth about why he prefers to have a small team that does a lot of volume instead of 100 agents that don’t do any business, and how to create a culture around being the best, being honest, and providing great value.
#43 - UNLEASHING THE POWER OF VISION: FROM SWISS WATCHMAKER TO REAL ESTATE INVESTOR WITH BOYAN SALHA
On this episode Boyan shares with us his journey from Bulgaria to America and his dream of becoming a real estate investor. We also talk about why coaching and finding a mentor is important to take you to that next level and why you must stay true to your vision and never let anything or anyone stop you from achieving your dreams. Lastly, Boyan also gives advice on how to weed out and hire the right contractors, making tough decisions and managing life/work balance when having a family and working long hours.
#42 - THE HABITS OF 23 HIGHLY SUCCESSFUL BUSINESS OWNERS & ENTREPRENEURS
On this episode 23 of our guests share the habits they've used to help them get ahead in business & life. Since episode #10 of the podcast we started asking a series of questions to our guests, in an attempt to figure out what successful business owners and entrepreneurs are doing which has helped them achieve success and is giving them an edge.